Shleppers moving company in New York City is continuously optimizing ways to be environmentally friendly throughout our operations. Ways in which we operate a green moving company include:
- All the paper products we use are 100% recycled.
- All boxes we can re-use are back on the trucks for the daily moving jobs. Boxes that cannot be reused are recycled.
- Instead of disposable, non-biodegradable tape, Shleppers is utilizing industrial strength rubber bands to wrap blankets around furniture.
- Shleppers is constantly replacing our vehicles with newer, more fuel-efficient models.
- We encourage customers to try and buy used moving boxes on Craig’s List.
- We recommend that you use environmentally friendly cleaning materials, such as those used by Urban Maid Green a cleaning company we recommend.
How can YOU help?
- Recycle newspapers, aluminum cans, and glass bottles. Seek out your community’s recycling system and make use of it. On the day of your move, we can pick your things for recycling.
- Pay your bills online. Paper bills sent through mail consume trees. Ask us about online payment options.
- Awareness is the most important green tip of all. Inform as many people as possible about these steps for going green.
Shleppers is committed to a role of environmental leadership in all facets of our business. We fulfill this mission by a commitment to:
- Understanding of environmental issues and sharing information throughout our transaction processes.
- Striving to buy and sell environmentally friendly products such as recycled boxes and wrapping paper.
- Instilling environmental responsibility as a corporate value.
- Replacing our vehicles with newer, more fuel-efficient models.
- Reducing the amount of paper used in our business.